Create A Healthy Relationship
A healthy relationship doesn’t start with your partner, it starts with yourself. Discover how to build stronger relationships in your life, and receive free guidance for your own personal relationships.
Start With Yourself
Many people are striving for a healthy relationship
in their lives, but don’t know how to make it happen. There are many signs and people that can help you along the way, but you need to know how to recognize these opportunities.
You may not even realize that you’re looking for a sound, prosperous, and healthy relationship until you start to recognize these events around you. This can help you reflect on your personal relationships, and what kinds of changes you would like to see.
It’s important to remember that you’re not the victim of change, but rather the great creator of change in your life. A healthy relationship must first start with you. This can even be a need or desire to create change in your life, before the change actually takes place.
You may need to build a strong connection with yourself first, before you can start to find better companionship with others. Having a healthy relationship with yourself also means not blaming others for your current situation, and taking control of your life and destiny.
Signs of an Unhealthy Relationship
Here are some qualities that may be preventing you from forming a healthy relationship. Although these are only guidelines, it’s a good place to start evaluating yourself and your connections:
- You blame others for your own difficulties in life and problems in relationships.
- You feel like a victim, or that your partner is out to hurt you.
- You are angry or upset all the time.
- You feel that you are putting more love and effort into the relationship than you receive in return.
- You feel controlled by your partner, or that they have more power in the union.
- You put yourself last, and don’t give yourself enough emotional support.
Creating a Healthy Relationship
If you have noticed some of the signs of an unhealthy relationship in your own life, you may feel that it’s time for a change. Forming a healthy relationship always starts with yourself. Here are some guidelines or how to start putting yourself first:
- Support yourself, rather than looking for support or approval from others.
- Maintain a sense of personal integrity.
- Realize that you’re responsible for your thoughts and actions.
- Choose to bring joy and happiness into your life, rather than expecting to receive it from others.
- Go on a date with yourself, and learn how to enjoy time with yourself.
- Treat yourself how you would want your partner to treat you (buy yourself flowers, have a warm bath with a glass of wine, pamper yourself, etc.)
Consult our archives to discover how other people’s questions have been answered on healthy unions.
Follow the links below to continue reading more clairvoyant advice from your psychic adviser:
- Some people get involved in a rebound relationship as a way of making up for lost time after their previous partner did not work. You may start dating again soon after a break-up to no longer feel hurt or to get what you could not receive from your previous involvement.
- Emotional involvement compatibility does exist between friends, family members, and couples. Understanding your self and your needs can help to make this happen.
- A codependent relationship may result in a dysfunctional pattern of living that developed during childhood from family interactions.
- Union counseling is something that you may feel that you need at some point to make your connection work. If you haven't done any work on healing yourself as an individual, it becomes difficult to grow stronger in your emotional connection.
- When it's time for a relationship rescue, the foundation of your emotional connection is no longer solid and it becomes difficult to rebuild.
- A long distance connection can work if you have the right skills. The individuals who venture forward in this adventure must love each other very much to make it work.
- Being in a controlling emotional involvement may give you the illusion that you're in love because you're being taken care of. You may later realize that you're being restricted from doing what you want, and a feeling of unhappiness may develop.
- A teen involvement can happen at a time of great upheaval in a teen’s life, because they are still learning about the world and about other connection with their peers.
- Marriage counseling can help you at a time in your life when you don’t know where to turn. This can show you where the problems are and how to heal them.
- A long term commitment can be achieved, but it depends on your individual needs, as well as the willingness of others to make it happen.
- Ending a union can be a difficult time in your life. It can also have a life-long effect on children involved and their future children.
- An interpersonal union helps us to define ourselves, our culture, our beliefs and how each of these elements work together.
- Bonding communication means that there are different ways that people communicate with each other. Becoming aware of yourself and your way of communicating can be very helpful.
- Bonding help is about first helping yourself before you can help your family or friends. That means becoming conscious of your needs.
- An abusive connection is a type of involvement that is learned from children in their early years. Becoming aware of the habits that ensue from abusive relations can help you to change your way of life.
- Emotional involvement problems can be identified when you first know what your needs are. These problems have a great effect on the couple as well as the children involved.
- Some individuals seek an open union to spice up their emotional connection or to bring back what they once had.
- A platonic relation is based on some form of attraction with each person involved. Being clear about your needs and boundaries can be advantageous.
- A bad connection is created when people aren't clear about their needs and intentions. Becoming conscious that each of us is responsible for our own life, and what we want to achieve, is the right step to take.
- For a marriage union to last, each individual needs to put time and effort into their emotional involvement. Ask for better communication when building a strong foundation for your marriage.
- A trust connection can often be demanding for anyone who's working on healing past wounds. It can take time and communication for trust to build again.
- An online connection can be successful, depending on each individual involved and their needs, honesty, and ability to communicate.
- Your relationship horoscope can help you to understand yourself better and how to act in your own best interest. Learning about your own needs and how to better communicate them is a good place to start.
- A relationship break up is a very difficult time for many people. At this time you may feel lost and have little desire to lead an active life.
- Receiving love connection advice can be either simple or complicated. It depends on where you are in your life and how well you understand your needs.
- A successful connection can be achieved when you know yourself, your needs, and the needs of you partner.